If your company conducts or handles regular business meetings, interviews and discussions, then you have a constant need to have all the audio transcribed. But it can be difficult if you plan on doing everything yourself. You are already busy enough and putting on another hat might lead you to lose focus on your core competencies.
That is where a transcription services company comes in. They can help you get the heavy load off your back when it comes to putting all your audio recordings into print. So if you want to know more about the benefits of hiring with working with this kind of company, then read on.
Here are some of the benefits of a transcription services company:
- It saves you time. Let’s say that you are your company’s head of human resources, so your work is all about looking for the right people for select positions in your company. But if you are going to deal with the transcription of interviews too, then you might not have enough time to do anything else. So outsourcing your transcription work to a company that focuses on that kind of job helps free up more of your time so you can focus on what you do best: that is, looking for employees who are fit for the job.
- It helps you get accurate transcriptions. You cannot afford to have misinterpretations of audio recordings especially when they deal with important decisions made by your company. Professional transcription services companies already have the techniques and strategies needed in order to come up with accurate transcriptions of audio recordings every time. Just as you are good with your role in the company, transcription companies are also good at getting the right words in recordings. They are so good that they can get transcriptions right even when the quality of the audio is poor.
- It helps you save money. You might not realize it but you can also save money if you let a professional company handle your transcription needs. The reason for this is that, once again, you are able to focus on your core competencies when you outsource your work to a professional. Every time you lose by doing transcriptions instead of focusing on your work costs your company a good deal of money. So all in all, the money that you spend in hiring professional services is offset by the money that you lose by not hiring one.
So when you have a constant need for your audio recordings to be transcribed, it actually makes good business sense to hire a professional transcription services company. You may spend some money in hiring one, but it can definitely offset that amount by letting you and your company do more and focus on what you do best. And because you’re doing what you do best, you help the company succeed even faster, which pays huge dividends in the long term. Free up more of your time. Hire a transcription company today.
Let’s say that your company has a regular need for your audio recordings to be transcribed. It could be a business meeting, an interview, or a speech by one of the bosses, but if you find yourself losing more time transcribing things yourself, it’s about time you seek professional help.
There are already a variety of transcription services companies today. All you need to do is type in that phrase in your favorite search engine and you’ll see a multitude of companies that offer the same services. So how do you choose the best one, when most of them do the same work? That’s what this article is all about. We’ll help you find the right company by showing you some of the things to look for in a transcription services company.
- Quality of Work. Of course the first thing that you need to look for is the overall quality of work that a company delivers. But how do you know that in advance? Your starting point could be referrals from colleagues who have tried the same service. Or you could also check client testimonials in a company’s website. These things will give you a good idea of the company that you are considering working with.
- Speed. Speed can be a difficult thing to measure when it comes to transcribing text because it depends on a number of factors such as the quality of the audio, the length of the audio and the subject matter. So before you work with a company, it’s good if you can ask for an estimate on how much time they need to complete your transcription. But don’t simply settle with the company that works the fastest. Also check out their accuracy.
- Accuracy. This is another difficult thing to measure. So if you want to check for this, let the company work on a few documents first, so you can gauge how well they transcribe your audio. From there, try to balance their accuracy and how quickly they work. Naturally, it’s a wise choice to settle on a company that works quickly and without errors.
- Cost-Effectiveness. Unless your company has deep pockets, the price of the service may also be a concern for you. So look for one that could give you a good quote in terms of price while of course taking into consideration the quality of their work. Don’t choose the cheapest one right away. Again, it helps to try a company’s services out for a few small assignments first before making a decision on one that you want to work with in the long term.
So if you’re looking for a transcription services company, we hope that the article we’ve written for you will serve as your guide in hiring the right one for your needs. This is especially important considering the fact that many companies offer the same services. If you want the best, then look for the factors above in each company.
A good audio or video transcriptionis not just about transcribing what you have listened word for word. You must also be able to produce a document that is easily comprehendible since the main goal of transcription is to put the idea stated into words to easily categorize the different subtopics included.
As what I have said, professional transcription isn’t that simple as it may seem. It requires not only expertise in grammar and sentence construction but also experience and good judgement. Have you noticed that in some videos, a speaker who suddenly changed his mind instantly changes his statement at the same time, even in the middle statement, without stating that he has changed the concept? With this, you must need to identify the particular topic the speaker is focusing right now.
Correct grammar is more important than word-for-word transcription basis. A good transcription service must be able to discern which one is true and which one is not. So, once he had identified the idea, he can easily work on the sentence construction to make is understandable.
Moreover, it is important for a good transcription service to know what particular industry the video or audio material is related. By knowing the concept, the transcriptionist can easily prepare himself in facing some jargons in the field.
Today, there are many medical transcriptionists who have a good background on different medical terms so they can easily understood when the doctor said a particular jargon such as the generic name of a certain medicine and other technical terms. This can effectively save time as they don’t have to double check if the word said by the doctor and the word transcribed are in sync.
This skill is very helpful especially to materials that have a poor audio quality. By being familiar with the background and the words used in the industry, a good transcriptionist can still determine what the speaker is delivering.
In choosing a transcription company, you must consider the experience they have as well as the field of expertise so you are assured that you will get the highest quality of transcription. Popular and well-trusted transcription companies have professional transcriptionist that can work efficiently on different fields. So, if you have video or audio materials from the medical to metallurgical industries, transcribing it will be no-sweat for them.
These companies also have business-to-client confidentiality so you are assured that the transcription service will not divulge your information to other people especially the competitors.
There are a lot of transcription service companies that provide excellent transcription jobs. By searching through the net, you can see different companies with their own expertise. With this, it is important to ask acquaintances that hire transcription services or do research to know what the best company is.
A good transcription service provides excellent and accurate results. When we say accurate, it’s not just about producing a document with a word-for-word transcription service but making sure that the document carries out the right ideas stated and is understandable. It includes extensive editing to achieve the right grammar and proper sentence construction.
Popular and well-trusted transcription service company has a pool of professional transcriptionists that aside from having good listening skills, are also proficient editors and proof readers. They have sound judgement on understanding what is being stated in the material, even with a difference accent. And more than that, they have a good background on different industries so they can easily understand technical terms and other industrial jargons.
If you are planning to hire the service of a professional transcription service company, here are the guidelines on the pricing and rate of most transcription service companies.
- Minimum charges – this fee is usually applied on very short audio/video materials like a one-minute file.
- Per minute charges – however, if your file exceeds way beyond a minute, a per minute rate is charged. It is the most common rate offered to clients. Also calculating the per minute rate includes the download time and the internet expenses made during the download.
- Per hour charges – this rate is usually applicable on straight transcription or voice transcription service where the client dictates and typist hammers the keyboard at the same time. In this transcription service, it is best to look for a fast typist to get the most value of your payment.
- Per line charges – here you will be paying for every line made on the document. It is also one of the common rates in transcription. Generally, there are 65 characters in a line and you will be paying a couple a cents per line. Moreover, there is also a per word and per page charge for a transcription service job.
- Editing charges – to make sure you are having a quality transcription service results, you can specify to have the material edited but this can also come in a different rate. Substantial editing may cost higher because a more effort is exerted in correcting the grammar and arranging the idea to make it look more professional.
- Duration of service – non-rush orders comes with the initial rate guides while rush orders may compel you to add a little fee to use more persons to work on the transcription. While non-rush orders let you pay once the transcription service is done, rush orders on the other hand requires you to settle the account first.
- Special charges – this may occur when more effort is exerted in dealing with: thick accents; poor audio quality; multiple interviewees that are within focus groups, panel discussion, or lectures; and other technicalities.